CALCIUM 

Test Details:

Serum calcium test is done to monitor the overall calcium level in the body. It determines both the total and free calcium content of the blood.

Test Required for:

A calcium blood test determines the amount of calcium in your blood. Too much or too little calcium is detrimental to health as it paves way for several other diseases. Calcium is an important mineral, 99% of which is found in the bones and the remaining 1% circulates in the blood.

Test Ordered for:

To monitor overall levels of calcium in the body.

Test Recommended:

High calcium levels mostly occurs in Hyperparathyroidism, Sarcoidosis, Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and low calcium levels occur in hypoparathyroidism, vitamin D deficiency and renal failure.

  • Preparation : No ServicePreparation needed, Without tournequete
  • Online Report Delivery : Same Day
  • Sample Type : Blood

Health packages containing CALCIUM

Show More >>
Know more about Calcium

What is Serum Calcium Test?

Serum calcium test is done to monitor the overall calcium level in the body. It determines both the total and free calcium content of the blood.

Calcium-Genupathlabs.jpg

What is the normal range for a Serum Calcium Test?

For adults, the normal calcium range is approximately 8.5 to 10.2 mg/dl.

 

What do the deviations from the normal range indicate?

A high calcium level occurs in:

  • Hyperparathyroidism
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Tuberculosis
  • HIV/AIDS

A low calcium level occurs in:

  • Hypoparathyroidism
  • Renal failure
  • Vitamin D deficiency
  • Critical illness

 

Is there any special preparation required?

Overnight fasting is preferred.